Councilman McCoy repudiates any Thousand Oaks sales tax increase- EVER

By Rob McCoy
4-26-17
Dear Readers,
I will never support a sales tax increase. My comments at the Council meeting were to illustrate that the State Gas Tax did our City no favors. Had the Acorn Editor bothered to call me before he put his spin on my comments, I would have made it abundantly clear that I do not support and will never support a sales tax increase. Not only did the editor not bother to call me but the paper also rejected or refused to print my letter stating my opposition to a sales tax increase. It is not journalism, it is spin.
Sincerely,
Rob McCoy
Rob McCoy is a Thousand Oaks Councilman and Pastor of Calvary Church in Newbury Park. Please forward to your Conejo Valley contacts.

Get CitizensJournal.us Headlines free  SUBSCRIPTION. Keep us publishing – DONATE

6 Responses to Councilman McCoy repudiates any Thousand Oaks sales tax increase- EVER

1. Barry Gabrielson May 2, 2017 at 11:50 am

Both Managerial Editors for both the Acorn and the Star decide what is printed and what is censored. This is based on two criteria, one is business and the other is ideology. One is as important as the other, based on the other. So if its a far left Politician, government, business business that is supported by the government, both papers will print whatever they state in the paper, never question, never challenge, never print an opposing view. If its a Conservation Republican, its the opposite, they will be questioned, comments, disagreements, and attacked by the reporter in the article. One side is promoted and covered up for, the other side is attacked and abused. Both Managerial Editors promote this, protect one side they agree with (ideology), destroy the other side. Reader gets one side, the other is censored, we call the Acorn and the Star nothing but left wing propaganda.

2. Judith Guziak April 27, 2017 at 8:08 am

My apologies and correction. My comment should have been addressed to the Acorn. Maybe it was a message for Star to be the better paper. Thanks again.

3. Judith Guziak April 27, 2017 at 8:06 am

We expect truthful reporting. Giving us a spin of the facts makes the Ventura Star less reliable. We have enough fake news. Man up Star and give him a chance at rebuttal. I know him personally and know what he stands for, his actions show us what he stands for. If the only people you want reading your paper are the mind numb, then don’t take the high road. BUT, if integrity is important to you then you know what you should do. Give us a light in the darkness. Dare to be different and (in my humble opinion) better than the rest. Thank-you.

4. Citizen Reporter April 27, 2017 at 8:01 am

He mentioned the Acorn.

5. William Hicks April 27, 2017 at 6:42 am

Well, the Ventura Star has officially joined the MSM “FAKE NEWS” Club.

Shameful that they wouldn’t correct their pitifully incorrect article when it was brought to their attention. All the more reason to read legitimate news in Citizens Journal.

• William Hicks April 27, 2017 at 8:45 am

My Mistake. Unlike the Acorn, I will own up to my mistaken comments.