Deteriorating Wood and a Spark, Suspected in starting Santa Paula Fire

On March 6th at 10:22 AM,  214 S Mill Street, Apt. 10 Santa Paula Engine 81 was initially dispatched to a report of a Carbon Monoxide alarm activation with a smoke odor investigation.

Upon arrival, E81 reported smoke coming from the garage port area and upgraded call to a Structure fire. 

Fire crews found a small fire burning within the wall interior of  the garage. The fire was immediately extinguished and a Fire cause investigator was requested, as there was no obvious ignition source found. The fire was determined to have been caused by a long process of wood deterioration (pyrolysis). A possible electrical charge of metal within the space was also suspected. Building Owner was advised to contact an electrician to have the building wiring evaluated.

Damage estimated to be approximately $5000 to structure. Detection device was instrumental in alerting occupants.

Photo Credits: Santa Paula Fire Department/City of Santa Paula


press_release_iconGet Citizensjournal.us Headlines free  SUBSCRIPTION. Keep us publishing – DONATE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

9 + 9 =