Simi Valley Police Hosting a Class on Protecting Yourself from Cyber Crime. FBI to Present
The Simi Valley Police Department, through the Crime Prevention Unit will be hosting a presentation entitled, How To Protect Yourself Online from Cyber Crime.
The Simi Valley Police Department, the FBI Cyber Crime Division along with the Information Systems Security Association of Ventura County will bring you a valuable night of training to include the following:
• Do you want to know how to protect yourself online?
• Want to learn how to protect yourself from Hackers & threats online?
• Want to learn the Top 5 things to protect your computer?
The FBI Cyber Outreach Division was created to help businesses, citizens and the FBI work more closely to help protect themselves against cyber crime. The FBI is on the front line every day and has seen first hand the devastation that cyber criminals leave behind. Special Agent Michael Sohn from the FBI will speak on how you can protect yourself and your business from cyber criminals. You will learn the following:
• Keep you and your family safe online.
• FBI best practices on protecting you or your company against cyber criminals.
• How the FBI can help you if you suspect an attack
• Learn about the resources the FBI and the Simi Valley Police Department has to assist you or your business
• What the law enforcement has learned from previous attacks and how it can help protect you!
The presentation is scheduled for April 13, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. and will take place at the Simi Valley Police Department. The class is limited to 65 people and those interested should call 805-583-6259 in order to reserve a space in the class.