VCGC: March 1, 2017 Tour of Eden Gardens in Moorpark
By Sheryl Hamlin
Eden Gardens is a lushly landscaped boutique event space used for weddings and banquets. It is the product of creative landscaping and design to make spaces from what was originally a blank canvas of four acres. The owners brought in 900 trees, hundreds of plants, built a wrap-around aviary, designed beautiful stamped concrete, added subtle lighting and music, meandering fish ponds, romantic corners and of course parking. The owners worked with the county to ensure that the walkways and parking are ADA approved. Although the site is near two busy streets (Tierra Rejada Road and 118), the street noise disappears when inside Eden Gardens due to the dense landscaping and white noise, all a product of thoughtful design. The tour will take about 45 minutes of walking, but there are low stone walls on which to sit as we progress through the paths.
Meet at parking lot inside at 11:00 am. See map location A: Eden Gardens: 3900 Brennan Road, Moorpark
We will try a new approach called a “scatter lunch” where groups of members and their guests may scatter for lunch. Below is a map showing the various lunch ideas as well as the location of Eden Gardens.
- B: Grille at Tierra Rejada Country Club, 15187 Tierra Rejada Road, Moorpark, 805-531-9300
- C: Lemmo’s Grill, 4227 Tierra Rejada Road, Moorpark, 805-530-1555
- D: Wood Ranch, 540 New Los Angeles Avenue Avenue, 805-523-7253
- E: Michael D’s Café, 593 West Los Angeles Avenue, 805-517-1100
- F: Café Firenze, 563 West Los Angeles Avenue, 805-532-0048
- G : Carrara Pastries, 476 West Los Angeles Avenue, 805-552-4250
Information/rsvp: Marlene Wait … firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the author, visit sheryhamlin.com